Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Hidden in My Heart

“Your word I have hidden in my heart, That I might not sin against You.” (Psalm 119:11; NKJV)

Israel. “And these words which I command you today shall be in your heart” (Deuteronomy 6:6; NKJV).

The Righteous. “The mouth of the righteous speaks wisdom, and his tongue talks of justice. The law of his God is in his heart; none of his steps shall slide” (Psalm 37:30-31; NKJV).

The Young. “Let not mercy and truth forsake you; Bind them around your neck, Write them on the tablet of your heart, And so find favor and high esteem In the sight of God and man” (Proverbs 3:3-4; NKJV).

Participants in the New Covenant. “This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, says the LORD: I will put My laws into their hearts, and in their minds I will write them” (Hebrews 10:16; NKJV).

Every Christian. “Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom, teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord” (Colossians 3:16; NKJV).

GOD wants His word in my heart. He doesn’t want His word on tablets of stone. He is not looking for it to be found on scrolls. He is not interested in it being in a book. Jehovah longs for His word to be found in my heart.

Jason