Friday, February 4, 2011

Preparing Ourselves for God's Answer

I. Our Prayer

“Continue earnestly in prayer, being vigilant in it with thanksgiving; meanwhile praying also for us, that God would open to us a door for the word, to speak the mystery of Christ…” (Colossians 4:2-3; NKJV)

II. Our Preparation

1. Live Godly Lives

“I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I know live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.” (Galatians 2:20; NKJV)

2. Prepare Ourselves to Teach

“But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts, and always be ready to give a defense to everyone who asks you a reason for the hope that is in you, with meekness and fear.” (1 Peter 3:15; NKJV)

III. Our Part

1. Read the word of God (1 Timothy 4:13).

2. Meditate on the word of God (Psalm 1:2).

3. Practically apply the word of God to our individual lives (2 Peter 3:18).

4. Pray for wisdom & knowledge (James 1:5-8).

5. Worship! (Romans 12:1)

IV. God’s Part

When God’s work is done in God’s way for God’s glory, it will never lack God’s supply!

“And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus. Now to our God and Father be glory forever and ever. Amen.” (Philippians 4:19-20; NKJV)

Jason