Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Keep: What He Does

Then Jesus said to them again, saying, "I am the light of the world. He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life" (John 8:12; NJKV).

My Prayer:
Keep me where the light is...

What He Does

Keep – phulasso (foo-las'-so); through the idea of isolation; to watch, i.e. be on guard (literally of figuratively); by implication, to preserve, obey, avoid (Strong’s).


Active, to guard (1) to watch, to keep watch (2) have an eye upon (3) to guard a person (or thing) that he may remain safe, i. e. lest he suffer violence, be despoiled, etc., to protect: (4) to guard, i. e. to care for, take care not to violate; to observe (Thayer’s)


He "keeps" me from the evil one (2 Thessalonians 3:3).


He "keeps" what I've committed to Him (2 Timothy 1:12).


He "keeps" me from stumbling (Jude 24).


Jason Cicero