Friday, July 8, 2011

Keep: His Part & My Part

Then Jesus said to them again, saying, "I am the light of the world. He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life" (John 8:12; NJKV).

My Prayer: Keep me where the light is...

His Part

GOD "keeps" me. He watches over me. He guards me. He helps me avoid some things. He actively "keeps" His loving eye upon me.

He "keeps" me from the evil one (2 Thessalonians 3:3). He "keeps" what I've committed to Him (2 Timothy 1:12). He "keeps" me from stumbling (Jude 24).

He will do His part.

My Part

I am to attend carefully to His commandments. I am to observe His will. I am to keep my eye upon His loving desires for my life.

I am to "keep" His commandments (John 14:15). If I know Him, I will "keep" His commandments (1 John 2:3). I "keep" myself in His love through obedience to Him (Jude 21).

He will do His part. Will I do mine? "Keep me where the light is..."

Jason Cicero