Monday, October 10, 2011

The Forerunner

Who He is, what He did, and how I respond is what life is all about.

The Trailblazer. A forerunner is one who runs forward, who goes in advance. Not only did Christ go ahead, He blazed the trail. He has made it possible for those who accept His forgiveness to "enter the Holiest by the blood of Jesus"(Hebrews 10:19). Because of Him there is a blood stained trail that leads to Heaven.

The Choice. The wisest choice of all is to follow Jesus. He calls me to deny myself, to take up my cross daily, and to follow Him. When I've come to the end of the way I do not expect to be disappointed. The hope I have in Him is an anchor for my soul that is "both sure and steadfast" (Hebrews 6:19). He has gone to where we want to be.

"...where the forerunner has entered for us, even Jesus..." (Hebrews 6:20; NKJV)

Jason Cicero